Home / Split keyboards / Santoku Gen 2
Santoku Gen 2
|Keyboard||Santoku Gen 2|
|Features||Dracula teeth mouseclicks, trackpoint as a first-class citizen, split (or unsplit), 40%, mouse scroll wheel, OLED, etc. by u/tyered.|
Tags: separate monoblock variable PCB prototype columnar wired thumb cluster 3-key thumb cluster 3D low profile scroll wheel
DescriptionAfter using the original Santoku for more than a year, u/tyered announced its newest revision. However, Gen 2 is a new design from the ground up keeping the original's spirit and goals intact.
Unfortunately, this design is not open source, but it comes with a detailed description of the concept and features, e.g.:
- FFC (Flat Flexible Cable) connecting the halves.
- Easily switch between split or unsplit depending on your situation.
- Tightly integrated trackpoint with mouse buttons on both sides and a real usable mouse scroll wheel.
- Very low profile. Portable. Easily fits in a work bag.
- Custom, recessed, no-slip pads on the bottom.
- Manibus by u/DrFish96
- Corne / Crkbd by foostan
- Enki42 by u/aroum2