Home / Keyboard building blog
Behind the scenes of Issue 12
This week I've written some guides, updated some others and started to write a bunch of yet anothers. Surprisingly, I still managed to finish a whole lot developments in regards of the magazine.
This week I've written some guides and updated some other guides and tutorials: Pro Micro write-ups facelifted + a new piece on the Pro Micro's mystic J1 solder jumper.
Still, simultaneously with digging through 2480 posts on r/m only, I could finish some developments:
- Tagging and keywords completely revamped. New tag data table and switch table instead of searching in a text field. Features like tags-to-db-index table, listing, searching, display. Multitag filter.
- Scripts to fill tables and calculate cached parameters like number of entries with the tag.
- The MORE feature on entry subpages. (I mean the suggestions at the end of entries.) These are just random entries from the same column for now.
- Search (delayed Ajax). Approaching 200 projects so the time has come for a search feature. Basic functionality with Ajax done, permalink function, multiword search, search term limitations, etc.
- Cover montage aid: I've made an interface to reorder (drag&drop) images of the actual issue to aid the production of cover images.
- Some changes to CSS.
- Paging or autoscroll - since with the increasing number of entries things start to get out of hand.
- Search: improvements, e.g. handling "".
- Including early issues (1-3) into the archive... I just can't get myself to do this.
- "More" suggestions based on common tags rather than simply the column.
Well, that's it for now!
I hope you liked Issue 12!
Behind the Scenes of Issue 11